Monday, January 26, 2009

Handy Manny


I LOVE Handy Manny!!!  What?  You haven't met Manny?  If you have a toddler or preschooler or just need a dose of beautiful humanity you simply must check out Handy Manny on Playhouse Disney.  

Everyone in the town of Sheet Rock Hills is very helpful and loves to help solve each other's problems.  Everyone is accepted for who they are and both their faults and attributes are loved.  The acknowledgements flow and the support is always there.  At the same time, characters offer their assistance and are open to their assistance being declined.  All of this is done without being sickeningly sweet like some little ones shows can be.  This is exactly what I want my child's cartoons to look like.  My husband and I enjoy the antics of some of the good nature mischief that the tools find as well as trying to identify the voices of the characters.  We are so hooked that we now refer to some of our tools by their proper names.  "Honey, I bet Turner could help you with that."  Yea, we are hooked.

3 comments:

adb said...

i love handy manny also! my little guy really only likes the music on the show, but my husband and i will sit and watch whole episodes--even if griff is napping. the world would be a better place if everyone was a little more like manny.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

I love that you are now referring to your tools with their "proper" name. SO funny!

SoBella Creations said...

My girls love Handy Manny!