Monday, January 03, 2011

Knitting Knirvana Podcast Episode 8: Instant Gratification!


Finished Objects:
My parent's Christmas blankets are DONE! Rav Project Page Link

Pattern is Bullseye by Brittany Tyler. I used over 3,000 yards of Superwash Cascade 220, Berroco Vintage, and Encore. I started planning it last Christmas and worked on it from April through Christmas Eve!

Pattern is Fish Hat [Dead or Alive?] by Thelma Egberts from Knitty, Winter 2008 with modifications by Eartheo to fit a toddler. I used Vanna's Choice yarn and buttons for the eyes.

Purple Calorimetry Ravelry Project Page Link
Pattern is Calorimetry from Knitty, Winter 2006 using some leftover Manos and a button I had.

My list of goals for the 10 in 2010 group on Ravelry. I completed 7 out of 10. Not bad!

Works in Progress:
Iris the Gourmet Monster Ravelry Project Page


Will Start Soon:
Large Granny Square as an afghan for my son's bed in Vanna's Choice
Why am I thinking of doing yet another blanket???? :)

6 comments:

Stefanie said...

You are so brave to podcast! Man, I thought podcasting had to do w/your iPod.
Fun to hear about what you've accomplished and have in store next! I loved the show and tell! That dead fish hat is freakin' awesome, yo! I love Madelinetosh and Dream in Color Classy also!

Miss Julep said...

I think the Calorimetry looked cute on you! Loved seeing all of your projects. Way to be industrious in the brand new year!

Jill Nault said...

you've been using such lovely yarns lately! I'm with you on the small projects, instant gratification can be so rewarding!

'dapants said...

I have really been enjoying your podcast. Just got through the last one. I loved the 4-parter about that blanket, and seeing her open it on youtube was great. You have such a great heart.

Do you have any plans to get on iTunes? It's easier for me to grab them that way, that way I don't miss any. But I have no real concept of the work involved for you. Just a thought.

Keep those needles (and hooks) goin. You make great stuff.

Bev Love said...

Your parents blankets are wonderful. I love the Madelinetosh colorway you chose. It reminds me of Black Watch.

J.D. said...

Nice podcast, you have a lovely voice. I will keep watching:)